Our commitment to sustainability
At MPE, we take our commitment to the wellbeing of our environment extremely seriously. For this reason, we have taken the time to address a range of environmental and sustainability issues that our business operations can have a positive impact on.
The following measures have been implemented within all aspects of our business:
- We currently recycle cardboard boxes, plastic and paper through a correctly accredited waste recycling sub-contractor.
- All other packaging that cannot be reused at MPE and is suitable to be, is donated to a local charity.
- With the cooperation of some of our customers, the bags and boxes that goods are sent in are returned to MPE for re-use.
- Excess material is often sold to our customers at the end of the project, usually for their spares fulfillment. Alternatively, we use some component finders, through which we sell the excess devices.
- We have a contract set up with a correctly accredited electric waste disposal contractor, to dispose of our Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) with containers on site that are emptied when full.
- All substances that are out of date are collected by a correctly accredited chemical waste contractor.
- All solder waste is collected by our solder suppliers for recycling.
- Plastic bottles and tin cans are also recycled through a correctly accredited waste recycling sub-contractor.